June 29, 2011

Two Weeks of Heck

Throughout the first couple of weeks in this month, it’s felt like heck. At the time I would have been tempted to call it Hell, but let’s face it, things could always be worse.

To start with, work has been quite hectic with personnel coming and going, policy changes, interoffice conflicts, and elevated workloads. It’s certainly kept me busy most of the time. Then, my car had an unexpected breakdown one morning. As it turned out, my transmission had a malfunction, and was failing to engage the 3rd and 4th gears. As a result, I would push on the gas and the engine would rev and rev and rev without going anywhere; it’s quite a frightening experience, especially when there’s other traffic around. I also had a bit of a near miss, as a car tried to make a turn across my lane, forcing me to come to a screeching halt. So with my car in the shop, I had to rely on other folk’s rides, and I had to comply with their schedules. Ultimately, every day started to feel exhausting.

I’ll be taking a break from work for a while, and I will be grateful for the respite.

No comments:

Post a Comment