April 28, 2012

A short break from the routine.

Regrettably, I haven’t been terribly active on this site.  I’ve surely been active in my day job, but after a while, the routine was starting to grate.  I had to take some time off on a vacation.  So, for just one week, I went to Seattle to visit relatives and see a few sights.  What sights I got to see weren’t too bad at all; it’s especially intriguing to see the Space Needle being painted orange to celebrate its 50th anniversary.  Orange…I can’t fathom how attractive it’d look, since I’ve grown accustomed to seeing it all in white.  As it is right now, I think it looks cool with a single orange stripe on it.  When it’s done, it may look like a giant scallop hanging over the city.

A shot of the Space Needle with a shot of orange in it.
The important thing about this little trip (aside from visiting family) was to break up the monotony.  It’s sometimes all too easy for one to fall into the trap of an everyday routine, always eating, sleeping, and doing the same things over and over until it rots the body and mind.  Upon coming back, I’ve resolved to try and keep myself active to some degree.  Even a simple change in routine or a simple task can keep the mind refreshed and active.  Otherwise, I fear that suffering from inactivity, or a standard routine, with a poor diet, could cause me problems later in life.

Fortunately, I’ve also found more time to write.  After nearly five years, Ouroboros: Angel-Craft is finally nearing its conclusion.  The draft is still quite a mess, and something about it still lacks the coherency that the book’s predecessor had.  But with some refinement, I think I’ll be happy with it, and can finally move on with the next projects in the series.

Now it’s back to work and back into the routine.  Only now, I might try and mix things up a bit here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment