August 19, 2011

All work and just a little play makes me tired.

The last couple of weeks have been rather exhausting. I’ve concluded that it’s a universal law, if not an outright curse or vex, that every time key personnel go on leave and an office is left to run on minimal manpower, all of the work just floods in, suddenly, and with unreasonable quantity. It’s generally felt like one thing after another, with lots of unusual demands from lots of unusual customers. Managing this without the aid of a supervisor has been a challenge on both the body and the nerves.

As far as writing goes, I’ve made some progress in various projects, then stopped. I’ve been too tired lately to keep up the pace. But chances are good that the next few weeks will be more laid-back, and I can find the energy again.

I have been focusing on updating my digital music collection. After reinstalling Windows on my computer, I’ve reconfigured the Windows Media Player to rip my CDs at 320 kbs, so I can enjoy my favorite songs in higher quality. It is pretty refreshing hearing familiar songs with clearer and crisper instruments and vocals. It’s also been a good chance to standardize, reorganize, and update old files. Of course, I’m also always exploring new albums.

But after a hard day’s work, I’d rather engage in an entertaining video game or a decent movie. In fact, I will probably be posting more reviews soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment